Water Pollution Containment Device - ToggleBlok™
The ToggleBlok™ Valve is a purpose designed water pollution containment device which is solar powered, connected to the GSM network for remote and automated activation and modular in design to fit into existing drainage systems and infrastructure with minimum of cost and disruption.
Automated Water Pollution Containment Device – ToggleBlok™
The ToggleBlok Valve is a purpose designed water pollution containment device which is solar powered, connected to the GSM network for remote and automated activation and modular in design to fit into existing drainage systems and infrastructure with a minimum of cost and disruption.
What is the ToggleBlok™ pollution containment device?
ToggleBlok™ has been developed as a completely stand alone, smart water pollution containment device to meet the needs of businesses looking to mitigate their water pollution risk.
The Toggleblok™ pollution containment device is purpose designed to quickly and efficiently stop the flow of pollutant materials within a drain or duct in the event of a spill, fire or flood. In the event of a pollution event the Toggleblok™ system seals your site water tight within 10 seconds of activation of the pollution containment devices which remain fully locked even if the control panel is destroyed by fire. The ToggleBlok™ water pollution containment devices can be triggered remotely from a control centre or mobile phone, more locally with a control panel or automatically by connecting the valves to other devices on the GSM network including fire alarms, environmental monitors, gate sensors, flood sensors, pressure washers and emergency lighting systems.
How does the ToggleBlok™ water pollution containment device work?
Toggleblok™ pollution containment devices can be configured as either on-seating or off-seating valves.
On-seating valves are fitted on the outlet with the contained liquid pushing the flap closed against the valve seal. This configuration leverages the water pressure to hold back very large volumes of polluted materials. The chamber forms an ideal catchment vessel for removal of contaminated liquid which must be drained completely before opening. During normal operation the valve flap is held fully open so there is no restriction to flow.
A ToggleBlok™ configured as an on-seating valve is designed to contain site runoff in an emergency when containment may be required for long periods of time. The firewater valve offers direct replacement of a slow acting Penstock Valve. Utilising our control system, a site can implement a fully automated containment system installed efficiently without the need for mains services.
Toggleblok™ off seating valves are fitted to outfalls or chamber inlets. When the valve is activated the flap is clamped shut to stop the flow of pollutant materials. A Toggleblok™ pollution containment device configured in the on-seating position is designed for delivery areas where the valve needs to be operated frequently.
If you require off-seating valves to provide a water right seal consideration needs to given to the potential maximum water pressure pushing the valve open. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details or support in specifying the right Toggleblok™ Valve for your application.
Toggleblok™ for use as flood valves.
Toggleblok™ can also be configured as remotely activated, driven, flap-valve, non-return devices in areas susceptible to flooding. ToggleBlok™ Flood Valves are designed for flood applications to prevent drainage back flow. The valves can be remotely and automatically closed in remote locations where it is impossible to manually access valves ie. during flood conditions.
The valves can also be linked to high level flood alarms to close automatically.
The benefit of the ToggleBlok system over a passive non return valve is the
The ToggleBlok Valve can be tested to prove it is closing and sealing at anytime.
Many of the traditional flood valves are passive and there is no feed back to confirm if they are sealing. In any drain or foul line the potential of ragging is high, if there is any obstruction these valves can fail.
The advantage of the ToggleBlok is ease of maintenance, you can visually observe the operation from ground level, they are easy to clean with a hose pipe.
- Retrofittable into existing infrastructure. Traditional flap valves fit in line so would require civils work to fit, the ToggleBlok valve can be simply installed into existing chambers. Why not connect to a remote flood monitoring system to automate operation.
What are the benefits of the ToggleBlok™ pollution containment device?
The ToggleBlok™ Valve has been purpose designed as a water pollution containment device with features included to specifically meet the challenges of businesses looking to mitigate their water pollution risk with a minimum of cost and disruption.
These features include:
- Stand Alone Operation
- The ToggleBlok™ System is fully contained out of the box without the need to install additional services. All systems come with a control panel, stand, air supply, power and GSM communications and can be configured to be operated in many different ways.
- The stand alone capability of the ToggleBlok™ water pollution containment devices negates the need for expensive and disruptive civil works including service trenches, new chambers and bunding.
- Battery/Solar Powered
- Internally-powered ToggleBlok™ pollution containment devices can be installed in remote locations where other powered valves would be prohibitively expensive.
- During emergency situations including floods and fire, power is usually the first service that is lost. The ToggleBlok System is battery powered and operates independently from all mains services and will continue to operate when mains power is lost.
- Toggleblok™ pollution containment devices remain fully locked even if the control panel is destroyed by fire.
- The battery is charged using renewable solar or wind energy.
- Systems can be mains charged if required.
- If all charging is lost the system will remain active for at least 7 days.
- The ToggleBlok™ system is fitted with low battery warnings so alerts will be sent by notification to all responsible parties.
- GSM Connectivity
- GSM connected ToggleBlok™ pollution containment devices enable a range of activation options including remote triggering from a control centre , web portal, low power radio or mobile phone; local activation via a control panel; or automatic activation by connecting the valves to other devices on the GSM network including fire alarms, environmental monitors, gate sensors and emergency lighting systems.
- GSM connected ToggleBlok™ pollution containment devices also enable automated reports and notifications including text alerts and reporting on things like maintenance, activations, faults and low battery alerts so that if the device isn’t operating as required you will be notified by text. This data is logged and delivered as weekly or monthly reports.
- Modular Design
- The ToggleBlok™ pollution containment devices are comparatively lightweight and modular in design so that they can be fitted into existing infrastructure without the need for heavy lifting equipment or major remediation work on the chamber.
- The ToggleBlok™ pollution containment device is designed to be installed in one day by two people.
- Fully Documented
- Sandfield Engineering supply all the necessary technical drawings to enable civils teams to design and build the right valve chamber to fit the most appropriate Toggleblok™ water pollution containment device.
If you need assistance in specifying the right pollution containment device for your application please do not hesitate to call Sandfield Penstock Solutions will help you make the right choice in valve selection.
If spill containment and CIRIA c736 compliance is currently a consideration for you please do not hesitate to call 01299 823158 or email us, we will be very happy to discuss our solutions with you.